Still plenty to be thankful for
November 22, 2010 Leave a comment
But wait, let’s take a breath. Here are a few things to remember and be thankful for. Call it a top ten list, not necessarily in any order.
1. OK, this one’s in order for me. First, thank you God for my life, your work in it, and the work I know is left to be done.
2. I’m thankful I can have Thanksgiving with my wife, daughter and other family, and pray for those who can’t.
3. Thanks, AgChat Foundation, for helping to get farmers to tell their story, so consumers can better know the truth, and know that the people who grow their food care about the land and animals.
4. A big #foodthanks to the farmers and ranchers who grow the food for this world, and especially all of those who are joining the #agvocate ranks.
5. Thanks to those who haven’t always agreed with me this year. Some of you are hopeless🙂, but truly, most of you have been great to visit with, and I’ve truly enjoyed the exchange of information. I hope the learning and respect has gone both ways.
6. I’m thankful to live in a country where we are still free, and where our food is safe and abundant.
7. I’m thankful for my travels, where I’ve seen hungry people and know with the right plan farmers and ranchers can feed them, where it’s possible help them better feed themselves, and also feed a growing population, even through political challenges.
8. I’m thankful my work life brought me back to agriculture, where I can stay in touch with farmers and ranchers, help them do their jobs better, and support their ability to grow my food, and food for the world.
9. Thanks to the soldiers, the men and women who fight so we can take so much for granted, even though we shouldn’t (see no. 6).
10. Thanks for one of the best parts of my year, going back to the farm for harvest, and being refreshed by the farmers and ranchers who care for their land, water, and animals, and for the genuine honor they have, the humble attitude, and wishes to pass their legacy on to the next generation.
An additional thanks for the hope that we can have another year ahead, and somehow, some way, it can be better. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!